Sat, Sep 24|
CLAYTOR LAKE STATE PARK
FIRST ANNUAL "FISH ON FIRE" FISHING TOURNAMENT
YOU CAN STILL REGISTER AT CONRAD BROTHERS MARINA OR AT THE EVENT. Just letting everyone know that today September 24th is National public lane day so it is free parking at Claytor lake ~Donna Edwards
Time & Location
Sep 24, 2022, 6:30 AM
CLAYTOR LAKE STATE PARK , 6620 Ben H Bolen Dr, Dublin, VA 24084, USA
About the event
Update: Online Pre-registration extended to Sept 22 6pm. Can also pre-register at Conrad Brothers Marina friday or register the morning of the event.
FIRST ANNUAL "FISH ON FIRE" FISHING TOURNAMENT.
FIRST PRIZE $1000,
SECOND PRIZE $600,
THIRD PRIZE $400 FOR MOST WEIGHT OF 5 FISH.
Largest fish will get tickets to Dollywood and a two night stay at Red Roof Inn courtesy of WPSK 107.1 and Curtis in the morning.
Pre-registration online open till September 22nd 11:59 PM.
After Registering for the Fishing Tournament go to this link to register to win two reserved seats season tickets for Radford Highlanders Basketball - https://www.ruritanroadclub.com/general-8
Several other Door prizes will be awarded as well. To see more details on them, see
PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT PULASKI COUNTY'S 8 FIRE DEPARTMENTS FOR FIRE PREVENTION WEEK
PRE-REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 17TH 2022. PARTICIPANT MAY ALSO REGISTER DAY OF EVENT.
There will not be a pre-event meeting. Participants may launch at any ramp, but must check in the morning of the tournament at the Claytor Lake location to be issued boat number and have live well inspection. Participants may register day of the event, but also have the option to pre-register prior to the event. Weigh in will start at 3pm.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL MAX AT 540-835-3543 OR DONNA AT 540-320-5681. START AT SAFELIGHT AT CLAYTOR LAKE STATE PARK. $100 PER BOAT
DOOR PRIZES AND AN EVENING MEAL WILL BE PROVIDED. FIRST CAST AT SAFE LIGHT OR 6:30 AM.
CONRAD BROTHERS MARINETOURNAMENT Rules
TOURNAMENT FORMAT :
SPECIES ARE LARGEMOUTH, SMALLMOUTH, AND SPOTTED BASS ONLY
1. Participants: Tournaments are open to anyone over 18 years of age. Anyone less than 18 years of age you must be accompanied in the boat by someone over 18 years of age. Anglers currently fishing the Elite Series of B.A.S.S., the FLW Tour Events are not eligible to participant in any CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE TOURNAMENTS event, either as an angler or as a substitute. CONRAD TOURNAMENTS is open to all boat makes, models. The Tournament Director and other tournament officials are permitted to fish any tournament.
2. Membership: Membership is free. Participants under the age of 16, not fishing with a parent or guardian must submit a written permission slip from parent or guardian.
3. Tournament Entry Fees: 100 PER BOAT/ TEAM
4. Tournament Director: The tournament director decisions are final.
5. CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE TOURNAMENT Teams: A team consists of two anglers. You can fish solo.
6. Substitutes: A substitute fisherman may fish in the case of 1 absent pre-registered team angler.
7. Ties: Ties for all place finishes will be split between tied teams.
8. No Live Bait: Only artificial lures can be used. The use of pork trailers is permitted.
9. Trolling: Trolling with the use of a combustible engine as a method of fishing is prohibited. A team found to be doing this would be disqualified for that tournament and put on probation for the remaining season tournaments
10. Boat and Motor: Boats must have all required Coast Guard safety equipment and must have a motor within rating limits. There is a maximum horsepower limit of 250.
11. Short Fish Penalties: All fish brought to weigh-in must be legal length as pre-determined for each tournament. Short fish will be culled from bag.
SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE TOURNAMENTS- ALL FISH MUST BE 14” IN LENGTH.
CLAYTOR LAKE TOURNAMENTS – LARGE & SPOTTED BASS MUST BE 12”; SMALLMOUTH 14”.
12. Limits: This is a 5-fish limit (per team or when fishing alone) at each tournament. Exceptions: State laws prevail when fishing on any body of water (size and limits). Anyone bringing in more than a 5-fish will have their sack culled to the 5-fish limit starting with their big fish first. All culling must be outside the check-in area – Not on the bank.
13. Dead Fish Penalty: For each dead fish a 1-pound penaltywill be deducted from your total weight. A dead fish will not be weighed-in as big fish. Tournament director will make final decision if fish is dead or not. Fish that appears altered or mangled shall be the tournament director’s decision to weigh or not to weigh the fish.
14. Late to weigh-in: Teams that are late will not be allowed to weigh fish. Teams must be check in at the starting point at or before their designated times. Any team not present and checked by tournament ending time will not be allowed to weigh fish and disqualification will be given. Tournament Director Decisions are final.
15. Registration: Teams may pre-register by phone with credit card by calling 540-721-5017 or in person at the Claytor Lake Store or Smith Mountain Lake Store until one day prior to tourney. PRE-REGISTERED TEAMS WILL DRAW FOR THEIR TAKE OFF POSITION based on the number of pre- registrations received
MAY ALSO PRE-REGISTER AT https://www.ruritanroadclub.com/general-8
REGISTRATONS AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE WILL BE CASH ONLY. Day-of registration take off positions will be determined in the order the payment is received. All teams are required to be at the ramp 30 minutes prior to the start of the tournament. Any questions please call tournament director.
16. Weigh-in procedures: Each team must present his or her own catch to the weigh-in official. No other person shall then handle the fish except a weigh-in official. No person other than weigh-in officials may touch the scales; weigh-in basket or any part of the weigh-in equipment.
17. Live well Inspection: Boats must have a live well, either built into the boat or portable. Live wells must have some type of pump or circulator to keep fish alive. Prior to boat launch Tournament Official will check all live wells.
18. Life Preserver: During all CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE tournaments, contestants are required to wear Coast Guard approved life preserver with kill switch lanyard attached any time combustion engine is running, failure to do so will result in disqualification.
19. Sportsmanship: All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation. Fighting, arguing, drunkenness shall be cause for immediate disqualification. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs shall be allowed in the boats during the tournament hours extending through the close of the weigh-in.
20. Off-Limits: The tournament director will designate off-limit areas. Any team fishing in the off-limits areas will be disqualified from the tournament. Teams may not fish closer than 50 yards to another competitor who is anchored with the trolling motor up unless given permission. If permission is given to one, then all may fish same water. Having a non-contestant sit on a hole for you shall be cause for disqualification.
21. Weigh In Check In: All teams must be inside and checked in at their designated time of tournament time. Contestants not inside the check in area by appointed time will not be allowed to weigh fish and will be disqualified. Tournament director will hold final decision on team being late.
22. Leaving Your Boat: Competitors shall remain with the partners in the boat at all times during the tournament. Except in the event of sickness or brief excursions for “nature calling”, a severe storm or other such hazards. If for any reason a team decides to leave the tournament waters early, competitors must try to contact the director, prior to leaving the tournament. If you have boat trouble, one member must remain with the disabled boat. The other team member may board another competitor’s boat with that day’s catch and bring fish to weigh-in. Please contact the tournament director prior to doing so.
23. Polygraph: Polygraph test may be given at each event. All Polygraph results are final and failure of polygraph will result disqualification. All teams will be required to take a Polygraph test upon request of Tournament Director. Refusal to do so will result in immediate disqualification and lifetime ban from fishing any CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE Events in the future. Anyone caught cheating in any tournament event will be immediately barred from fishing in any CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE event. We reserve the right to have a random truth verification test performed at any time. You may not use a cell phone to gain an advantage over the rest of the competitors.
24. Protest: All protest must be submitted in writing to Tournament Director before the close of weigh-in. Verbal protest will not be accepted.
27. State Rules: All State rules and regulations must be followed. The Tournament Director shall determine the penalty for breaking a State rule or regulations.
28. Insurance: All members will carry liability insurance on any boat they might use during any CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE event. Failure to do so or reporting of false information will result in disqualification. Participants must include the company name and either the policy number or the name of the agent binding the coverage on the membership form.
29. Publicity: All participants understand and agree that they can be photographed, interviewed, recorded, quoted, or broadcast over airways or by printed material with no royalties nor compensation due them.
30. Rule Changes & Amendments
These rules can be amended or changed by the Tournament director at any time.
31. Refusal of Membership:
CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE reserves the right to refuse membership or entry into any CONRAD BROTHERS MARINE event.
Pre-registration extended till September 22nd 11:59pm. THIS TICKET IS PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR ONE ADULT FOR THE 2022 FISH ON FIRE TOURNAMENT. After registration is complete go to this link to register to win two reserved seats Season tickets for Radford University Highlander Basketball
Pay what you want
If you wish to make a donation and not fish, you can enter the amount you wish to donate here.
Pay what you want0